Thursday, February 17, 2005

Somewheree.....beyondd...the...oh damn, I forgot.

Not really much has happened lately (hence less blogging), but I had the auditions for the upper school musical and guess what ? I got in! Even though I didn't sing a showtune, or a whole song, but there you have it!
Speaking of singing, today in meeting there was a "sing a long" (aka middle schoolers reluctantly mouthing words to random music, except for me, because I decided to not take myself so seriously and belt it out at the top of my lungs) for Peace Week, a new tradition at our peacenik school. One of the songs was "Blowing in the Wind" but it was being played so low that Renata and I had to put on very low voices. Another big hit was "War" which instead but the belch-sounding "HUH! WHAT IS IT GOOD FOR?" I would say DNA instead of war sometimes, and Allie kept on adding a different sound affect:

Song: War!
Me: DNA!!!!
Song: HUH!
Allie: HOOH-HAH!
Song: What the fuck are these to people saying? Ah, what ever...WHAT IS IT GOOD FOR???!!!

But when you tell other people about these sort of goings-on at a Quaker school, they just don't get it :

Me: Yea...its Peace Week .
Dara: (while bragging because she's GOING TO INDIA AND told me that she is RIDING ON AN ELEPHANT AND GETS TO TAKE PICTURES AND ALL STUF LIKE THAT) Oh my god ! You're a buncha hippies! Like Allen!

She only met Allen once, but she holds a grudge for eternity because he told her that her teeth look like "kernels of corn." You can imagine how that went over.

Oh, and I met Oona finally after reading her comments on other people's blogs and reading a little bit of her blog and etcetera. That was a really good cookie , Renata!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG JULIA! ur so funny... I kept on saying DNA in my head but i wasnt singing... LOL she really hates allen. remember
Allen:wats up?
*dara ignores*
Dara's Friend(DF): WHo was she?
Dara: Exactly

February 17, 2005 at 10:27 PM  
Blogger VVM said...

...glad you like our food?
And Oona.

February 18, 2005 at 12:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home