Sunday, June 11, 2006

It's Offical: Addicted to Nutella, Despite the Rehab

So, Cambridge was fun. And rainy. And more rainy. Ugh, the weather was so awful. The school told all of the graduates to wear garbage bags underneath their graduation gowns so that the black and red wouldn't bleed through to their clothes because it was just so incredibly wet. Yet, I made it all better for myself by eating basically an entire container of Nutella with my cousin Lisa by dipping Tostitos in it. MMMM. I also led a dance craze until about three o'clock in the morning, courtesy of my iPod "skillz."

However: I did get yelled at for a strange reason (to me, at the time anyway). I had been watching TV, and our hostess had wanted me to put Sex and the City on, so I did. Soon, it was 11:00, and it was a COMMERCIAL, so I decided to change it to The Daily Show. But then, she yelled at me for it even though she had already seen the episode, and everybody thought I was being rude. I didn't get it.

I am ubersunburned and it hurts like hell. I've never been this sunburned. I look like football player who experimented with blush using a metal pole. That doesn't really make sense in writing, but it does when you see my face. Even the little girl, Alexandra, who I was babysitting today, pointed it out.

Alexandra: When I go to the pool, I put on sunblock.
Me (realizing what she is talking about): Yeah, I made a mistake. I forgot to put more after I got out of the pool.
Alexandra: I don't forget to put more on!
Me: ...

She's so funny, I love her. She is obsessed with Disney Princesses memorabilia, changes her clothes between Princess costumes about every ten seconds, loves pink, and has a sweet little voice, but she has a pretty morbid imagination for a four and a half -year-old. I was trying to be nice when we were playing "doctor" and was saying that the baby would be okay as long as it took some medicine, but when it was my turn she said, "You have really high blood pressure, and now to give you shot to pump your blood out, or you will die." Then, she decided to play Peter Pan and decided that I was put in a magical rope and couldn't get out while she went off to fight Captain Hook, until she decided that she had been eaten alive by an orca whale and had died, and that I couldn't save her because I was still tied up and the magical puppy had died with her. Oops. (The same thing happened to the Little Mermaid, poor mergirl.)

Nothing much else has happened lately, but I think I'm going to see Shakespeare in the Park, which is Macbeth this year, on Thursday with Dez.

P.S. Dr. John (!!) is playing a free concert by my house on June 28th, and Amy Rigby is playing on the 30th, and July 4th Belle and Sebastian is going to play. (and no, I am not wrong to write "is" because it is the name of single band. HAH.) I won't be around in July, but I think there are a bunch more then too ( I think Little Feat is playing?). Anyways, check it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home